Heber City, Utah
I create hand-pulled intaglio prints based on thoughts of Renaissance life and feelings about the desert canyons where I live. Semi-abstract, my prints are characterized by graphic compositions, natural elements of design and subtle color harmonies. While printmaking has a long history, I craft my images with modern resources. They are made using the creative and expressive dynamics of a new, safer, non-toxic approach to printmaking that uses no harmful acids, solvents or chemicals. The result is a strikingly modern image that nonetheless retains much of the authority of the traditional medium.
- Utah State University, Logan, Utah, MFA Degree, 1978
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, BA Degree, 1974
I have studied at the Canadian School for Non-Toxic Printmaking in Grande Prairie Canada where I developed a strong commitment to using viable, cost effective alternatives to toxic traditional intaglio techniques to produce superior results in all areas of the intaglio medium. I am currently exploring similar processes in lithography.
- Artwork published in “Non-Toxic Intaglio Printmaking,” by Keith Howard, Printmaking Resources, Alberta Canada, 1998.
- Participant in the Sundance Suite, a suite of prints from 10 invited Utah printmakers, produced by the Salt Lake Art Center & Sundance Institute.
- Participant in the Rosenblatt Suite, a suite of prints from 10 invited Utah printmakers, produced by the Salt Lake Art Center & Rosenblatt Foundation.
- Participant in the “Letterforms,” “What is a Print?” and “Open Print” exchanges with PrintAustralia.
- Participant in SSNW 04 Print Exchange with PrintAustralia.
- Participant in University of Alaska Print Exchange
- College of Eastern Utah, One-Person Exhibition, Price, UT 2008
- St. George Art Museum, St. George, UT 2005
- College of Eastern Utah Faculty Exhibition, Price, UT 2004
- Utah State Alumni Exhibition, USU, 2004
- Safer Printmaking Exhibition, Invitational Show, Warringah Australia, 2003
- Printmaking Exhibit (14 Printmakers) Artspace, SLC, UT 2003
- Glendenning Gallery, Group Show, Utah Arts Council, SLC, UT
- Bountiful/Davis Art Center, Group Show, Bountiful, UT
- College of Eastern Utah Faculty Exhibition, Price, UT
- Mary E. Clarke Gallery, Taos, NM
- Contemporary Southwest Galleries, Santa Fe, NM
- Meerdink Gallery, Ouray, CO
- Kimball Art Center, Park City, UT
- Sundance Institute, Provo, UT
- Ricks College, Rexburg, ID
- Salt Lake Art Center, SLC, UT
- Las Vegas Art Museum, Las Vegas, NV
- Utah Arts Council
- Utah State University
- Brigham Young University
- Southern Utah University
- College of eastern Utah
- Ricks College
- State of Utah
- Salt Lake County
- Weber State University
- Clark County Library
- Las Vegas Art Museum
- Numerous Private Collections